Who doesn’t love bacon! My husband always says that bacon makes everything taste better lol – it is so true!
This quick little appetizer is so easy to make and is a real crowd pleaser. I always get requests for this appetizer when we have my husbands hockey buddies over to watch the game.
Here is what you will need:
- 1 package of cocktail wieners (smokies)
- 1 package of bacon
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 cup cup brown sugar
Here is how to make it:
- Pre heat the oven to 400°
- Cut Bacon into thirds. Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each wiener and place seam side down in a 9×13 rectangle baking dish to secure it.
- In a sauce pan over low heat melt butter. Add the brown sugar and stir until the brown sugar and butter has combined. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle butter mixture over the smokies in the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle a bit more brown sugar on top (optional).
- Bake in the over for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and serve.
I hope this recipe inspires you to be creative in your kitchen – enjoy!