September is that time of year when I find myself with a bountiful amount of tomatoes and trying to find ways to use them up. Believe me I am not complaining because I LOVE tomatoes, I am more excited because I can experiment and find new recipes, roast them on the BBQ to make tomatoes sauce or make one of my favorite appetizers roasted tomato and ricotta crostini. It is such an easy and elegant recipe that I am sure you will love.
Roasted Tomato & Ricotta Crostini
Here is what you will need:
- Olive oil
- 4 cups of grape or cherry tomatoes
- Balsamic glaze (optional)
Here is how to make it:
- Heat the oven at 375˚
- Cut the baguette into thin slices and place them on a backing sheet.
- Brush the baguette with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the baguette in the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until the bread toasts and starts to brown at the edges.
- Take bread out of the oven and set aside.
- Turn the oven heat up to 450˚
- On another baking sheet place the tomatoes and drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Roast them in the oven for approximately 25 minutes until the tomatoes shrivel and can be easily pierced with a fork. Let cool slightly.
- For the ricotta, in a bowl mix ricotta, salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- When the tomato mixture cools slightly, spread the ricotta mixture on each toasted crostini.
- Top with roasted tomatoes and sprinkle with fresh basil.
- For a bit extra flavour, drizzle with balsamic glaze.
I hope this recipe inspires you to be creative in your kitchen – enjoy!