This quick dip is just perfect to whip up when friends are coming over and I love serving it with margarita’s – so good!. It’s like Mexican street corn in a bowl, how amazing is that! You can adjust the ingredient amounts to your taste.
Here is what you will need:
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro
- 3 large ears of sweet corn (husk and silk removed)
- 1 cup of diced cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 1 large avocado diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta
- 1 tsp of chile powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3-4 tbsp of sour cream
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
Here is how to make it:
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter. Using a large sharp knife, carefully cut the ear of the corn. One at a time stand the flat end of the corn and cut the kernels from the cob. Add the corn kernels, jalapeño and onion, cook stirring occasionally for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2minutes being careful not to burn.
- Remove from the heat transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Halve, pit and peel the avocados and cut the in 1/2 -inch dice and add them to the bowl.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in quarters and add them to the bowl.
- Add the sour cream, chile powder, cumin, apple cider vinegar, cilantro, feta, salt and pepper to the corn mixture and toss gently.
- Adjust any seasoning.
- Transfer dip to a serving bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve along side tortilla chips.
I hope this recipe inspires you to be creative in your kitchen – enjoy!