I am always interested in trying new recipes where blueberries are the star. I like this recipe because it’s not overly sweet but can still be served as a dessert or with a cup of tea on a Sunday afternoon.
Here is what you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pint of blueberries
- 1 Tbsp sugar
Here is how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Wash the blueberries and set aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir milk, sour cream, egg, and vanilla extract together and add to flour mixture until batter is blended.
- Toss blueberries with 1 tsp of flour and gently fold them into the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle the tablespoon of sugar over the top.
- Bake in the oven For 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
I hope this recipe inspires you in you kitchen – enjoy!