I don’t know about you but I am always looking for an easy weeknight meal and when it is healthy even better! This recipe is one of my go to recipes for a Monday night dinner. I don’t know why but I find Monday’s the hardest day of the week to cook. Perhaps it’s because after enjoying a relaxing weekend, I’m just a bit more tired at the start of the work week.
Anyway, this recipe is very quick, easy and healthy. I love making it because everything is made on one baking sheet in the oven (which means easy clean up) and you can control the amount of veggies vs chicken and sauce that you serve with it. I like to serve this recipe with plain white rice but it is also great without it.
Here is what you will need:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 2 heads of broccoli chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 purple onion cut into chunky pieces
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 tsp fresh gated ginger
- Salt and papper
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cow sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 Thai chili sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Cooked rice for serving
How to make it:
- Preheat the over to 400°.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken and veggies plus two garlic cloves roughly chopped, on the baking sheet and lightly drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are tender. Shaking the pan and turning it half way through the cooking process.
- Meanwhile make your rice while the chicken and veggies are in the oven cooking.
- To make the sauce, dice the remaining 4 cloves of garlic and add the diced garlic, soy sauce , honey, Thai chili sauce, fresh ginger and water to a small pot and cook over medium low heat until the sauce reduces slightly and thickens. You can add more water if needed to keep the sauce loose. Cover and remove from heat until chicken and veggies are ready.
- Once the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are tender, you are ready to serve.
- Place a small amount of rice in the bottom of a bowl, top with chicken and veggies and drizzle with some honey garlic sauce.
I hope this recipe inspires you to be creative in your kitchen – enjoy!
One thought on “Easy Healthy Weeknight Meal – Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies”
[…] Easy Healthy Weeknight Meal – Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies L-A At Home Source link […]