Easy dinner weeknight meals is always something that I try to do no matter what time of year. However, in the summertime I find myself for weeknight meals that let us enjoy the warm evening weather as a family even more so. What better way to achieve this for those long lazy summer nights than a BBQ dinner of steak and homemade caesar salad. So quick and easy to prepare, it has become a favorite in our home.
Here is what you will need for the steaks:
- 2 New York strip steak (or whatever cut of steak you prefer)
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp each of garlic powder, onion powder, crushed coriander, dried dill and read pepper flakes
- olive oil
How to prepare the steaks:
- Heat the BBQ
- Bring steaks to room temperature.
- Mix together in a bowl salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, coriander, dill and read pepper flakes.
- On a baking sheet place the steaks and rub the steaks with about 1 tbsp on olive oil each on both sides.
- Rub each steak with the rub mixture and let rest until the grill is ready.
- Once the grill is ready, place steaks on BBQ for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until the internal temperature is 135 for medium rare.
- Remove the steaks from the grill and tent for approximately 10 minutes.
- Once steak has rested, slice on a diagonal into strips .
- 2 steaks will feed 4 people
Here is what you will need for the caesar salad:
- 1 head of romaine lettuce torn into bite size pieces
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 anchovies
- 1/3 cut olive oil
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp of red wine vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese (plus more for serving)
- Fresh cracked pepper
Here is how to make the caesar salad:
- place lettuce, parmesan and croutons in a serving bowl and lightly toss
- Add garlic, anchovy, Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar and egg to a food processor. Turn the processor on low and while the processor is running, slowly add the olive oil until well blended.
- Pour dressing over romaine lettuce and toss. Add fresh cracked pepper and more parmesan, then serve.
Note: To make home made croutons, thickly slide day old bread into cubes and place on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bake in a 425 degree oven until golden and crisp, tossing every so often to ensure all sides are baked.
I hope this recipe inspires you in your kitchen – enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Easy Dinner: Steak and Caesar Salad”
[…] via Easy Dinner: Steak and Caesar Salad — L-A At Home […]
Reblogged this on Crackling Pork Rinds.