If you are following my blog, you will know this week I am focusing on my 3 favorite strawberry recipes. Monday I posted a recipe for a strawberry sauce (Strawberry Fields Forever )- so yummy! Today is a recipe for a strawberry crisp. Most strawberry recipes pair strawberries with rhubarb and not that I am not a fan but sometimes I want to enjoy the taste of just the strawberries. This recipe does just that.
The Strawberry Crisp
Here is what you will need:
- For the filling
- 2 quarts of strawberries hulled and quartered
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tbs of corn starch
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- For the crisp topping
- 1/2 – 1 cup of old fashion rolled oats
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
How to make the strawberry crisp:
- Preheat the oven to 350° and spray a pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- Toss the strawberries in a 1/4 cup of granulated sugar and 2 tbsp of corn starch, place in the pie plate.
- In a separate bowl, mix oats, flour, 1/3 cup of granulated sugar, 1/3 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan melt butter and add to the oat mixture and mix well.
- Pour the oat mixture over the strawberry mixture and bake in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Serve with strawberry sauce or vanilla ice cream.
I hope this recipe inspires you to be creative in your kitchen – enjoy!